All art images and content are copyright Linda Rupard. All Rights Reserved.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Children's Stories

This is the second painting finished (I think) of my Antique Toys for our Museum Christmas show. This Bugs Bunny & Smoky Bear belonged to my son Robbie. Smoky Bear went on many trips with us. Bugs was in pretty good shape until Ricky, Robby's older Brother & Robby decided to do surgery on him & remove his voice box. I think they told me they wanted to see how it worked . Poor Bugs could no longer ask What's Up Doc. The old children's books are from my collection of old books. Mother West Wind stories, The New Look & See reader and Sergeant Preston & his wonder dog Yukon King are just a few of my books that I have managed to find through the years in Antique Stores all over the USA. The Bear is a patchwork bear & the cow is an Elsie toy. Fun to remember my childhood & my Boys when they were young.

Click to contact the artist for more information about this painting.

No comments: