All art images and content are copyright Linda Rupard. All Rights Reserved.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Glen Rose paint out Linda Rupard




Click to contact the artist for more information about this painting.

These are 2 paintings I worked on Sat at the Paint Out in Glen Rose.    First painting is one of the doors into the Courthouse & the second is of an old Post Office that really did have a short door,  around 4 ft tall.      Though I  really like studio painting best,   I did manage to get 2  small paintings going, even through the tears & sneezing.  .  I was able to stay in the shade of the big trees  & this & wind  helped me stay cool enough to stay the day.  Glen Rose is a beautiful little  town  with lots of old buildings, museums ,  trees & rivers and friendly people.   3 rivers make for lots of places to play on or in the water.   We stayed in the Tres Rtrees  camp ground , wonderful  trees & river access .  I would like to live there.   !8 artist were painting around town then a show an reception were at the art museum Sat night.   Poor Tex was trying to help me get setup in a different place & got stung by a Bumble Bee.    That scared me enough that I decided to quit for the day because don't you know that every leaf or bug was a  Bee coming for me.  I still am unable to crop my photos sorry about that.   There is a pie store in town with fresh baked pies,  lots of choices & yes I was bad & checked it out.   Then near Tres Ruees is a store that makes fresh fried pies & I was bad again & had fried pie.  They had many flavors too, even chocolate.  Yummy!!!   Uh oh wonder if that pie had no calories?  We stayed for a week & 1/2 so maybe I didn't do too bad & I did say no most days.

No comments: