All art images and content are copyright Linda Rupard. All Rights Reserved.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Primary Colors Linda Rupard

I went to Lamesa and painted with JoBeth and a fun group of artists Tuesday.  It was a real fun play day.  Teacher JoBeth did a demo  then everyone painted what ever they wanted .  I took a pot of flowers so I painted my still life  Poppy bouquet in two different ways.  The first one is on 1/4 sheet of Arches watercolor paper .  I wet the paper front & back  then put a light watercolor wash on the wet paper.  After this was dry I did some negative painting & brought out the color & shapes of the poppies.     With  the second painting showing more flowers I worked on  a  1/2 sheet of Arches watercolor paper.   This one I put the water  color down  pretty much as  I went along on dry paper softening edges with water.   After it was dry I added more details & some washes over areas that needed it.   Always enjoy going over  and just running away from all the distractions for a whole  day.  Yes !  
Snyder artfest will start April 25,  Friday night  6 to 9   and 10 to  4 Saturday, April 26.  I hope to see you there,  if you are close by come on down to see us.

Click to contact the artist for more information about this painting.

No comments: